Noni Berry For Weight Loss – By this time, you’ve probably already heard about the hype surrounding the Noni Powder Weight Loss product. With the abundance of weight loss products in the market, it would surely be great to find one that’s not only safe and natural, but also one that actually works. A good way to find out if the positive raves about Noni Powder are true is by digging deeper and getting to know the key ingredient in the product—the super fruit called noni berry.
What is a noni fruit? What are its benefits for your health?
For more than 2,000 years, noni berry, also called the Indian mulberry or the great Morinda, has been grown and used in Australia, Asia, India, Polynesia, and the Pacific Islands of Hawaii. It comes from an evergreen tree from the coffee family that grows mostly where lava flows. For the longest time, it has been known as a miracle fruit, a potent antioxidant that can treat a vast array of medical ailments.
The fruit, flowers, leaves, bark, roots and stems are used to make medicine. The plant has been used for treating colic, cough, diabetes, fever, liver disease, constipation, malarial fever, nausea, smallpox, swelling, asthma, arthritis, colds, cancer, depression, digestion problems, gastric ulcer, cataract, high blood pressure, kidney ailments, infections, migraine, premenstrual syndrome, muscle aches, senility, dysentery, and sprain, among many others.
The plant is used medically in various ways. Sometimes, it’s made into a topical moisturizer to reduce aging signs. For conditions like arthritis, the leaves are wrapped around the painful joint. The leaves can also be combined with the fruit to treat infections while the roots are applied on wounds or smallpox.
How true are the health benefits of noni berries?
Being the latest buzzword in the field of alternative medicine, noni berry is surely enticing but the proliferation of many fake and ineffective health products in the market has taught us to know better, and we’re prompted to investigate further.
To do that, we need to find out if there’s any scientific evident to back up the nutritional claims of noni berry proponents. Here are some studies done on this fruit that’s been dubbed as a nutritional powerhouse.
- A 2001 study published in the Annals of the NY Academy of Sciences found that noni’s antioxidant activities can effectively prevent formation of cancer DNA.
- In 2006, Clark Atlanta University published a study that demonstrated noni berry’s antifungal capabilities. The fruit has been found to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria called candida albicans which can cause serious infection.
- The Nigerian Quarterly Journal of Hospital Medicine published a study in 2008 that revealed the effect of this berry on the blood glucose of rats with diabetes. Findings showed that noni can help insulin in lowering blood sugar levels.
- A similar study on diabetes prevention was published in 2007 in the Journal of Wound Care. It illustrated that noni fruit can significantly reduce blood sugar levels and aid in the treatment of diabetes in mice.
- According to a study done by the University of Illinois-Chicago, the risk of smokers with cancerous DNA dropped by 50 percent after taking the supplement on a regular basis.
- A Japanese study reported of noni’s ability to reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) oxidation, and therefore prevent health problems caused by high cholesterol levels including heart disease and stroke.
- In 2010, the Pharmaceutical Research published a study that shows the fruit’s strong anticancer and anti tumor formation effects in mice.
- The Journal of Ethnopharmacology released a study in 2011 about noni berry’s ability to prevent acid reflux esophagitis and stomach ulcers.
- A 2012 study in the Phytotherapy Research reported that noni berry was effective in alleviating symptoms brought about by arthritis. The berry’s analgesic effects were supported in a similar study published in Planta Medica.
These studies show evidence that the health benefits of noni berry are not imaginary, that they are backed by scientific research. But what about the Noni Berry Weight Loss product? Just because we see that the noni berry can very well prevent diabetes or cancer, it doesn’t automatically mean that it can be as effective as a weight loss supplement.
Noni berry helps in weight loss through several ways. First, it boosts the metabolism. This means that it helps the body burn fat and carbs into energy faster than usual. So even when you eat the same amount of food, you won’t gain as much weight.
Second, this berry keeps energy levels up. Of course, you need the energy to keep up with your daily exercise regimen. Noni Berry Weight Loss product gives you that. This way, you no longer have to drag yourself from the bed to force yourself to get into your daily 30-minute workout routine. It also does well in combating the fatigue you get after working out; you’ll still have the energy to accomplish other important tasks.
Third, noni berry helps by keeping blood glucose levels in check. As you may have heard, when blood sugar is not in balance, this can result in unhealthy cravings especially for sweets, something that’s not at all useful in your weight loss program.
Read online consumer reviews to find out what people are saying about this product. These would definitely help you make an informed decision.